Major scale patterns

Michael JO

Question

3 answers to this question

@Michael JOSince this is the 1st major scale pattern taught does it not make sense to call it that? As you go through the BTG courses it is easier to reference the different scale patterns as listed. As you may or may not have noticed Jonathan's teaching technique, at least for me, gets you playing better faster. I am one of those who is learning to play all over again. I too have noticed some of the differences that you mentioned. In the end, the goal is to be able to pick up the guitar and play without having to think about it and knowing exactly where to go. Keep at the modules and follow them and you will progress.

Fred 🎸

• Like 1

Hi Alan here. Agree with Fred, for now just use as major scale pattern as taught in the course. You will find ther's so many other patterns & scales published every where (for different purposes/styles, jaz etc, as you complete grid mastery & modes units you'll feel alot better. But do practice minor & major pentatonics, you can play from any key note.  It's Just what i do for each time i play the 4 Am pentatonic patterns as part of daily warm up, not to the speed you see others do on video clips  but its a good warm up.  Cheers now. Hope this helps

On 7/19/2022 at 1:38 AM, Michael JO said:

You call the pattern attached Major Scale Pattern 1 but the sources on the internet either don't incude this pattern, call it pattern 5 or call it position 1. Why the differences? Where can I go for a deeper dive on these patterns?

Thanks

Major Scale Pattern 1.jpg

Suggest you also look at responses to Etons question on scale patterns in the general conversation area. But depends where you are in the course as it relates to modes, dont get overwhelmed take it gently as there is so much learning in the course.