What is your favorite Backing Track genre?

What is your favorite Backing Track genre?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Backing Track genre?

• Rock
    • Pop
    • Jazz
    • Blues
    • R&B/Soul
    • Country/Acoustic
    • Other - Tell Us!

In the spirit of posting some more Backing Tracks this week, I thought it'd be nice to hear from the community.

What are your favorite Backing Track genres to play to?

Do you have a specific track you use all the time? Or a certain style that really speaks to you and helps you practice?

Vote and reply below and tell us!

Hi Austin. There's a difficult question as is dependant on the individual. Me I like folk blues and the classical best of the past 50 or so years, typically Bob Dylan, Paul Simon, John Denver. Other who've wrote played and sung melodic nice sounding music to the ear. But equally I have friends who like heavy metal and others who love It Jazz. 

So like all music, there's no rules just different ways, Enjoy the variety.

I am mostly a 70's type, so mostly Rock, but Southern Blues Rock and Blues, in general, is my style for sure. I also like things I can sing with, so put all that together and what do you get? 🙂 I love the Eagles. I love Heart which is a little later. I am not so much into metal. AC/DC really only had 1 that caught my attention which was Hell's Bells. 

9 hours ago, DeafBlind Renee said:

I am mostly a 70's type, so mostly Rock, but Southern Blues Rock and Blues, in general, is my style for sure. I also like things I can sing with, so put all that together and what do you get? 🙂 I love the Eagles. I love Heart which is a little later. I am not so much into metal. AC/DC really only had 1 that caught my attention which was Hell's Bells. 

Hi Austin I love the 70s fantastic music we use to listen to records and great bands like the Eagles Steely Dan Supertramp Robin Trower Lee Ritnoir Les Dudek Santana and so on the good old days are gone just good  memories live on music of today don't do much for me I still  listen to the old stuff regards to you all

• Like 1

Hi Austin. Maybe few times question was posted but version 3rd Sept. Think blues will be most popular, just because there's a lot of help & published material for blues, for newer members wanting to see progress there's pentatonics and a lot of famous players like Eric use it frequently. Anyone interested refer to my previous posts where I att'd the single sheet of 4 patterns of Am. I run through these as my warm up. There's good practice material on the web too. Like house of blues, Eric's 1968 stock tiff's or 12 ways to play house of the rising sun. So that's the reason blues gets my vote. Cheers Alan