Questions Regarding The Pentatonic Fluency Course

Blaze Moyer

Hello,

So I am working through the Pentatonic Fluency course and there are a couple of things I have run into.  First issue is in Module 2 of the course:  How to Play Pentatonic Pattern 1,  Action steps 4 & 5 the links do not work.  I brought this issue up in the Facebook group months ago  and it still has not been fixed.  I have tried to open the inks using different browsers and the links lead to nowhere, says the server cannot be found.    The second issue is the sound volume for  some of the videos, it's pretty low.  I read the section in the forum  that kind o went over that issue, but if a lot of people are brining it up,  you should have your Quality assurance team or person go through the entire course and listen to the course.   I have my computer volume up to a 100% on the video with low volume and can still barely hear them.

Now that I have that out of the way  I need  to get some clarification  regarding   The Minor and Major  Pentatonic patterns  number 5 & 1.  I understand that when you start the pattern with your Index finger you are playing the  Minor Pattern and  when you start playing the pattern with your Pinky finger you are playing  the Major Pattern.    I got that and it makes total sense.

However what is throwing me off is when you add the Major notes to the the patterns.   Does adding the Major Notes to the patterns  have  any effect  on what finger you use to start the patterns?  From what I am reading  it sounds like adding those notes automatically turns a minor patterns to major patterns, so it shouldn't matter what finger you used to start playing the pattern.    If this is wrong assumption on my part please provide a clear answer.  I cannot be the only student taking this course who is somewhat confuse by how the information is presented in the course.

Hopefully  I will get some feedback on my questions and the issues I mention will be address and not just overlooked.   

Thanks

Blaze

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2021 at 7:55 PM, Blaze Moyer said:

However what is throwing me off is when you add the Major notes to the the patterns.   Does adding the Major Notes to the patterns  have  any effect  on what finger you use to start the patterns?  From what I am reading  it sounds like adding those notes automatically turns a minor patterns to major patterns, so it shouldn't matter what finger you used to start playing the pattern. 

You are missing the part where you change to the major scale when it feels right to you. You then can switch back as needed. So you are still playing the minor notes except when you feel like inserting the major notes.

• 3 weeks later...