What does SHL mean in How to Solo Any Song or Solo course?

dobes

Question

7 answers to this question

Hi Alan here, I don't recognize what SHL is, perhaps advise me. Anyway here is what I do when I hear a song & decide to learn & play, maybe helpfully to you. First starter I use. Go to ultimate guitar.com site which gives you the song original chords tabs lyrics. Then re arrange  lyrics into short sensible melodic phrases. Then I sit down with guitar & allocate the notes from scale pattern that musically sound nice & satisfy what I want to achieve.

Once you've the songs basic pattern. Try play with it at different Octaves.  Another tip if you don't already know, The basic 1 string in BTG course. Well there's 2 string scale too. Whenever you have G the next string over is note C, whenever A next string is D and whenever B next string over is E & it's follows C one over is F.     So you can easily learn play a song pattern using this info. Works for strings E to A, D to G and B to E. Remember tho' you have to shift 1 fret (warp zone) if u ever want to play across G to B.M      Maybe try, see if this help you.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/1/2022 at 12:08 PM, Fred Soukup said:

@dobesS=Start H=Hear L=Layer, it is a method of quickly learning any song or solo.

Fred 🎸

Many acronyms now hard for an oldy like me to stay up to date. Me it's hear some thing nice. Listen. Get Tab (from Ultimate guitar.com.) sort phrasing simplify chords as needed. Guess its LTP.  I amend the notes/phrases/ pattern. t work ok f me. Learning some classic's at moment. Garry Moore's, still got the blues for you. George Harrison's while my guitar gently weeps and Dan Foglebergs, Leader of the band. I really like the meaningful stuff. my versions coming along nicely, if you like I'll send you wrk sht's when finished. I'm at wife's family home now. Only got basic acoustic,  limited above 15th fret be nice to try results on Octaves on my strat & spark/effects when back at home late next week. It's thanks to BTG that I can do this sort of stuff cheers f now. Alan

Hi Dobes too, this was ur original mssg.    if we can help u with anything more let us know. Alan

5 hours ago, Fred Soukup said:

I have a hard time remembering stuff myself I have TBI plus I am 63 so I guess I have some timers too.

Fred 🎸

Hi Fred stick with it. our hobby's a rewarding challenge, me well 74 now. find lots of tabs for songs I like on Pinterest site, if interested take a look. I mentioned George Harrison, while my guitar gently weeps. still working on it developing a phrase to note position play but I'll attach here the original published chords tab sheet I use as a starter point maybe try it,

Cheers f now. Alan

George Harrison - While My Guitar Gently Weeps [W] [V4].jpeg

1 minute ago, Alan Desmond said:

Hi Fred stick with it. our hobby's a rewarding challenge, me well 74 now. find lots of tabs for songs I like on Pinterest site, if interested take a look. I mentioned George Harrison, while my guitar gently weeps. still working on it developing a phrase to note position play but I'll attach here the original published chords tab sheet I use as a starter point maybe try it,

Cheers f now. Alan

George Harrison - While My Guitar Gently Weeps [W] [V4].jpeg

Ignore those Uke chords at the top of sheet. I've got a Uke as well as my guitar family. Daughter now early 20's bought before she left home to be independent and run her own life. I've not tried seriously to play it but every so often I look at it, think maybe I should try but mostly too busy with guitar. Cheers f now Alan 

29 minutes ago, Alan Desmond said:

Ignore those Uke chords at the top of sheet. I've got a Uke as well as my guitar family. Daughter now early 20's bought before she left home to be independent and run her own life. I've not tried seriously to play it but every so often I look at it, think maybe I should try but mostly too busy with guitar. Cheers f now Alan 

Hi Fred. If u send me e mail some time I'll share good backing tracks, tips & useful theory I find. Not sure if u sent b4,  if u have must have lost it. There's a few regulars I communicate with in our BTG club, good to share good stuff we find. alandesmond2014@gmail.com