Already hooked

I am completely amazed by HOW easy it is to get started and to get a feeling and experience of making my own music by following a course like this. I have always wished I could play tunes by finding my way on the fretboard, but there was no-one to show me HOW so I just thought I was not in this lifetime Im gonna get to learn how and now I'm here.  Now with this simple pattern (Lead Guitar) I'm able to play while Im playing and get to EXPRESS and de the music in me and really get to OWN it and humming almost all day long to melodies I made myself. This seems really like a school of my heart- that I can develop and learn from inside by exercising patterns of playing and experience an incredible feeling of freedom on the way.

So I'm already hooked! This experience really makes me incredibly happy and thankful for being here....for more and more and more...

• Thumbs Up 1

I’m with you on your comments Dag. I’ve played rhythm guitar most of my life but I have found this course a breath of fresh air. As I have investigated the scales, so many light bulbs have come on giving far greater freedom up and down the neck. The more I practice with backing tracks, I notice a level if musicality increasing along with an awareness & understanding of the moods that Jonathan speaks about. I also find small note groupings that seem to work together for me that they become ‘phrases’ that I can return to in developing my style. I also notice that some phrases can have greater impact in certain octaves than others even though they are the same notes. I suppose this is a sonic impact of certain frequencies. Loads to still investigate yet…

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi Jeff, thanks for your response and I can only conform what you are saying. Im only at the very beginning and Im fully determined to follow up even if I know it's a whole lot of practice and some resistance to overcome along the way. Started up two weeks ago and after some intense sessions I`ve got som really sore finger tips AND a 5 and 7 note pentatonic scale already under the belt so to speak. And since I happen to know a bit about teaching and learning already there's no escape on the road to success as it always is some hardship until you reach that mountain top to be able to get paid wit a magnificent view. So good luck with your practice, then.

• Thumbs Up 1