Hand rehab ideas?

dodgechargerfan

Does anyone have any good ideas for hand rehab?

I have a hopefully very slight issue with the ring finger on my fretting hand.

About 2 months ago, I picked up a box one-handed and something "tweaked" in that finger. It was a shooting pain that goes halfway up my forearm.

The initial pain went away almost immediately, but every once in a while it comes back.

Sometimes while typing on the computer keyboard - ALT-TAB is one that gets me the most.

It flared up while doing the grid exercise the other day ( I can't find that lesson now LOL, or I'd reference it properly.), and now I'm feeling a bit of pain all of the time.

I have no answers on therapy but I too have issues. I’ve played for nearly 40 years but never took things that serious until about a year ago. Now I’ve noticed my thumb is so painful sometimes I can’t work through it and have to put the guitar away for a couple days.  I know it is caused from playing and probably not doing it correctly. But it’s hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

• 2 weeks later...

I've learned that a paraffin wax bath can help a lot.

I've had it before and I don't think it's something I would bother to do at home.

I recently found a hand massage device that provides heat and uses air to compress around the hand. I am waiting for delivery still , but will report back when I get to try it out.

@Austin Looking at the site that you linked, I am vaguely familiar with that method. My sister-in-law was studying it, I think. It's probably something I should look into overall. I could use more flexibility, generally speaking. My golf swing is horrendous right now. LOL.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...