Pro-Recording Weekend

Shaan

Hey @Jonathan/ @Daisy

i currently use the Elite package BIAS software to give me unlimited amps and affects. I’d like to know if this guy can basically teach me how to use it? What the different pedal affects mean and how to create my own signature sound/setup using the software. I’m looking for a complete walk through so I just know how to get the best out of it from a beginner perspective and complete a unique set up for me and my style. I like the rich John Petrucci tone but would tweak that a bit to have a little more higher pitch on the higher E/A/D strings. If he can teach me that that would be awesome👍🎸

Edited by Shaan
Adding more info
  • Love 1

I can't say for sure what exactly you can apply to that specific situation Shaan, BUT, what Geof is going to teach during this 2 day workshop should be useable in ANY situation. I have a Spark amp. It has 1000's of settings and tones that I use for my set up. There is a Spark User group on FB - you may want to check that out as well. However; I think the 2 day workshop will not only help you with that, BUT, if you ever decide to use pedals in your set up as well, Geof is going to dive into those tones and set-ups as well. Along with the tones available through your guitar. I hope this helps 

Glenn 🤘

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 1:59 PM, Glenn Gay said:

I can't say for sure what exactly you can apply to that specific situation Shaan, BUT, what Geof is going to teach during this 2 day workshop should be useable in ANY situation. I have a Spark amp. It has 1000's of settings and tones that I use for my set up. There is a Spark User group on FB - you may want to check that out as well. However; I think the 2 day workshop will not only help you with that, BUT, if you ever decide to use pedals in your set up as well, Geof is going to dive into those tones and set-ups as well. Along with the tones available through your guitar. I hope this helps 

Glenn 🤘

Thank you Glen for that. That does make things a lot clearer there. I just have found with the BIAS software from a beginner new into pedals and set ups it's a bit information overload. It's awesome kit that is great for my evolution though lol

@Chris Wiggin - the Pro Recording Weekend is a 2 day Workshop with Geof Gibson. Geof has worked with 1000' of folks, some that I would kill to meet myself.

He worked with Bruno Mars, Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Swartzneggar, Shaq O'Neil, and even 3 past Presidents - and that's not close to his Musical History.

Anyway, Geof is a Master tone pro, recording pro, studio pro etc. He will be putting on this workshop for 16 hours over a 2 day period. This Saturday and Sunday, Oct 9 and 10 - Geof will show you just how he has Mastered things like getting amazing tones from your guitar or amp, how to get the best tones from any pedals. Essential gear for your own personal home studio,  how to create great recording, tips for the perfect take - perfect mixing and engineering.....and so much more.

I hope this helps Chris

Glenn

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2021 at 3:08 PM, Chris Wiggin said:

Is this online or a physical workshop and is it anything to do with Breakthrough Guitiar or completely separate? Sorry, I'm still a bit confused.  I put it down to old age 😀

Another dropped ball.

Im going to say it. This forum, while it may make some anti Face Book people glad to have it, is about as responsive.

Maybe BTG gave up on me too but I was never informed of the Gear and Recording workshop OR Live Events.

You're not old, Chris, you're wiser.

• 1 month later...