Daisy

Guitar Obsession? Absolutely   

21 members have voted

1. 1. How many guitars do you have?

• 1-3
    • 4-6
    • 7-9
    • 10+

Today I got an email from a student, very nice guy. We were discussing his guitars, and he told me he has never sold a guitar, only passed them onto someone else for different reasons. 🎸

So then I was thinking, how many guitars does the rest of our students have? I mean, some started playing when they were just 10 years old.  

I thought to myself, that's actually a very early age to start playing. I also remember a student telling me he owned 15 guitars at one time! 🤯

of guitars? What kind do you have? What do they look like? I must know! Haha, sorry got excited there. But really... How many do you have? 👀 

I used to own Yamaha Pacifica which I had for an incredibly long time. My dream had always been to own a JEM 7VWH which Is the guitar I now own. From an artist point of view for me it’s all about a connection with the guitar. There’s got to be some emotional connection or soul connection that I feel comfortable opening up to musically. So really the JEM very much is that guitar that enables me to open up fully

• Love 1

Daisy
This post was recognized by Daisy!

Steve Cargill was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 1 points.

It’s likely you’ve heard the word “arsenal” used to describe a person’s guitar collection. I like that term and the images it brings up because I am reminded of a photograph of the late, great, Woody Guthrie playing his battered old acoustic guitar in front of a group of young kids. There is a hand-written sign taped to the body of the guitar that says, “This machine kills hate.”  First time I saw that photo, it really grabbed my attention. Thought about the statement for a long time and finally one night some years later finished playing something and realized how good it felt after playing, and what a powerful machine the guitar is. Remembered the picture of Woody Guthrie and the light went on, just like in the cartoons, a 100 watt incandescent bulb floating right over my head. The guitar is a weapon that destroys hate—brilliant thought from a brilliant man, Woody Guthrie.

And where does one keep weapons? In an arsenal of course. So—my arsenal is ready for battle with what Donald Sutherland, who played the tank driver Oddball in the movie Kelly’s Heroes kept referring to as, “Them negative vibes, man!”   Each guitar has its role to play in the music I make and I sleep better at night knowing they are there, ready to rock and roll. 

Great poll question, Daisy. 

• Love 1

@Steve Cargill, I love the dialog of your writing, I can feel the energy through your choice of words and structure. Love that. 

I'll check out that photo, I think that would be such a cool image to be able to see, it really is true. The guitar really does kill hate, inspire, and express the emotions where words fail. 

My first guitar bought from a buddy,a BC RICH MOCKINGBIRD.

Then I obtained,for cheap,an IBANEZ GIO.,which needed some work

.Then my stepdaughter gave me an acoustic SUNLITE.Damaged with a hole through it that I fixed to play it.

For my birthday a friend gave me a SQUIER TELECASTER.

On another birthday my girlfriend bought a.no name STRATACASTER online as a gift.

And my most recent purchase was a new EPIPHONE SG.My new favorite.

My goal is to have all the different pick up combinations rendering each one with its distinct characteristics.

• Love 1

Hi!

I am from Canada (Quebec) so I have a Norman acoustic which is more than 35 years old...

Love it.

I have a Godin electric, à Québec made guitar that was given to me as birthday present by the woman of my life, 20 years ago...Love it ( and her).

I have another electric which is a Les Paul copy.....cannot afford the real one😉...Like it.

I have been a member of Breakthroughguitar for 4 months......Love it!

• Love 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...